Citywire is hosting its first fund manager awards ceremony for the US offshore industry on November 2 in Miami and here we reveal the first batch of nominees to make to our shortlist.
During the event we will recognize the outperformance of the best individual fund managers across 15 different sectors.
The awards have been derived in conjunction with Strategic Insight - who provided Citywire with a list of more than 1500 funds which are sold into the US offshore market.
The shortlist contains the five fund managers or teams of managers adding the most value in each of these 15 investment sectors over the past three years until August 31, 2017.
Sectors which had fewer than four individual fund managers that delivered top risk-adjusted returns were not included in the awards.
And now the moment you've all been waiting for!
The first batch of nominees are:
Bonds – Asia Pacific Local Currency
- Paul DeNoon and Brad Gibson – AB (Alliance Bernstein)
- Adam McCabe – Aberdeen Asset Management
- Chia-Liang Lian and Desmond Soon – Legg Mason
- Simon Lue-Fong, Philippe Petit and Wee-Ming Ting – Pictet
- Rajeev De Mello and Chow Yan Ang - Schroders
Bonds - Emerging Markets Global Local Currency
- Brett Diment – Aberdeen Asset Management
- Sergio Trigo Paz and Laurent Develay – BlackRock
- Michael Hasenstab and Laura Burakreis – Franklin Templeton
- Grant Webster – Investec Asset Management
- Michael Gomez – Pimco
Equity - Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Emily Dong – BlackRock
- Andrew Swan – BlackRock
- Joanna Kwok – JP Morgan Asset Management
- Avo Ora – Pictet
- Shou-Pin Choo – UBS
Equity - China
- Helen Zhu – BlackRock
- Mandy Chan – HSBC Global Asset Management
- Mike Shiao – Invesco
- Louisa Lo – Schroders
- Bin Shi – UBS
Equity - Europe
- Osman Ali – Goldman Sachs Asset Management
- Ian Butler – JP Morgan Asset Management
- Roger Morley – MFS
- Leon Howard- Spink and Paul Griffin – Schroders
- Carl Dirk Enderlein – Wellington Management
Equity - Europe Small & Medium Companies
- Erik Esselink - Invesco
- Ollie Beckett – Janus Henderson
- Georgina Brittain - JP Morgan Asset Management
- Jim Campbell and Francesco Conte - JP Morgan Asset Management
- Thierry Cuypers – Natixis Global Asset Management
Equity - Europe excluding UK
- Alice Gaskell and Andreas Zöllinger – BlackRock
- Alister Hibbert – BlackRock
- Simon Rowe – Janus Henderson
- Alexander Darwall – Jupiter
- Dean Tenerelli – T Rowe Price
Tune in later this week to find out the nominees from the remaining eight sectors.
Spaces are limited so if you are interested in attending and/or would like more information about this event please contact Marissa Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.