The Chilean regulator has approved five new funds for sale to its institutional investors and struck off one other in February.
The approved list from the Comisión Clasificadora de Riesgo (CCR) included model-driven index funds from BNP Paribas’s smart beta house Thaem Quant as well as strategies from Neuberger Berman, NN Investments and Pictet.
The CCR is the regulator which rates and approves the instruments Chile’s six pension giants are able to invest in.
This month only one fund was removed from its list, the Natixis Convertibles Europe, managed by Philippe Garnier, following a request from the asset manager.
Below is a list of the approved funds:
- Neuberger Berman EM Debt Loc Curr USD A Acc, managed by Rob Drijkoningen, Raoul Luttik and Gorky Urquirta
- NN (L) Euro Short Dur P Cap EUR, managed by Iga van Elk and Menno van Eijk
- Pictet - EUR Short Term Corporate Bonds, managed by Citywire + Justine Vroman and Frédéric Salmon
- Theam Quant - Equity Europe Guru, managed by Henri Fournier
- Theam Quant - Equity Europe Income Defensive, managed by Henri Fournier