The Chilean pension fund regulator has given the green light to ten new active funds and one real estate ETF in its latest approval of products eligible for investment by its private pension funds, the AFPs.
The Comision Clasificadora de Riesgo (CCR) is the regulator which rates and approves the instruments Chile’s pension funds – who are among Latin America’s biggest international investors – are able to invest in.
The new strategies are a mixed bag of Asian equity, European equity and global bond funds and include big names such as HSBC and BNY Mellon fund firms.
Below is the list of approved mutual funds and their respective managers:
- Newton UK Opportunities Fund – Paul Stephany (Citywire AAA) and Christopher Metcalfe (AAA)
- BNY Mellon Global Dynamic Bond Fund – Paul Brain
- GAM Star Japan Equity – Ernst Glanzmann (A) and Reiko Mito (A)
- HSBC GIF Euroland Equity Smaller Companies – Jean-Luc Rondet
- HSBC GIF Global Short Duration High Yield Bond—Mary Bowers
- HSBC Global Investment Funds - India Fixed Income—Gordon Rodrigues
- Lazard US Equity Concentrated Portfolio—Martin Flood and Christopher H. Blake
- Lazard US Small-Mid Cap Equity Portfolio—Daniel Breslin (+) and Michael DeBernardis (+)
- Nordea 1 Emerging Market Bond--- David Bessey (+) and Cathy Hepworth (+)
There was one ETF added to the list of approved funds:
- The Select Sector SPDR Trust - The Real Estate Select Sector SPDR Fund