The Chilean regulator has approved a mix of six actively-managed funds, half of which are from Fidelity Funds, as well as 14 Ucits-compliant developed market ETFs.
According to its October update, the regulatory body has approved a range of funds including two focusing on Asia, two specializing in emerging markets and one European equity fund.
The Comision Clasificadora de Riesgo (CCR) is the regulator which rates and approves the instruments Chile’s six pension giants are able to invest in.
Fourteen Ucits-compliant iShares ETFs have also been green lighted, as ETFs continue to be core to the AFPs’ portfolios. The majority of the funds added are tracking UK or European indices, such as the FTSE and the Euro Stoxx. It has also added fixed income ETFs tracking the 20-year US dollar Treasury, as well as mortgage-backed securities.
The regulator also took one fund off the list, the CS (Lux) USA Growth Opportunities, which is managed by Marcello Musio and Valerio Schmitz-Esser, as its holdings were too concentrated, falling foul of CCR’s requirements.
Below is the list of approved mutual funds and their respective managers:
- Fidelity Funds - Asian Bond A-ACC-USD – Eric Wong
- Fidelity Funds - Asian Smaller Companies A-ACC-USD – Nitin Bajaj (Citywire AAA)
- Fidelity Funds - Global High Yield A-ACC-USD- Peter Khan (Citywire +)
- Invesco Euro Equity Fund – Jeffrey Taylor
- Neuberger Berman EM Debt Hard Currency – Bart van der Made
- UBS Global Emerging Markets Opportunity – Urs Antonioli & Geoffrey Wong (Citywire A)
The list of approved ETFs
- iShares European Property Yield UCITS ETF
- iShares FTSE 250 UCITS ETF
- iShares UK Dividend UCITS ETF
- iShares Developed Markets Property Yield UCITS ETF
- iShares MSCI Europe UCITS ETF
- iShares $ Treasury Bond 20+yr UCITS ETF
- iShares US Mortgage Backed Securities UCITS ETF
- iShares Edge MSCI Europe Minimum Volatility UCITS ETF
- iShares Core EURO STOXX 50 UCITS ETF
- iShares MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target ETF
- iShares MSCI KLD 400 Social ETF
- iShares Core FTSE 100 UCITS ETF
- iShares EURO Dividend UCITS ETF
- iShares EURO STOXX Small UCITS ETF